*Communication n. CITVR/216541/PTZNN: due to the Coronavirus’ emergency and based on the provisions issued by the Accreditation Bodies built on the IAF ID3:2011 standards, the period of validity has been extended to 01/10/21.
Pakelo is committed on preventing pollution, safeguarding and protecting the environment and pursuing a constant upgrade of its management system and environmental impact aiming to lessen the risks connected with its activity, products and services while fulfilling legal and self-imposed requirements.
- Lessen the energetic and resource consumption using the best available technology;
- Improving the company waste management and promoting recycling whenever it is possible;
- Promoting empty packaging recycling and reusing;
- Lessen, whenever possible, the use of dangerous substances;
- Evaluating environmentally sustainable investments;
- Take into account the environmental impact whenever a new equipment, machine, infrastructure or technology has to be bought;
- Eliminating eventual risks connected with environmental safeguard according with past expertise and technical progress on the matter. In case risks cannot be completely erased Pakelo will commit on reducing them to the minimum;
- Keeping on analyzing the production process and checking all the environmental aspects/impacts;
- Adopting an environmental prevention and emergency management plan and sharing it with the suppliers;
- Transparently communicating the environmental sustainability performance to local community, to customers and to all the stakeholders in order to obtain and reinforce the company reliability;
Pakelo is committed in using all the necessary technical, economical and professional resources to reach the targets. The environmental policy is widespread in the company and everyone is required to support it – for what might be concerned – to improve the Environmental Management System.
Pakelo guarantees the policy to be shared, clearly understood and applied through checking activities controlling the target status. For all these reasons, the company operates and checks its activities in conformity with UNI EN ISO 14001 regulation.
PAKELO AND THE ENVIRONMENT
As lubricant manufacturer Pakelo’s area of activity is in the petrochemical field. In the supply of raw materials Pakelo is particularly careful to avoid toxic or hazardous substances to the benefit of both employees’ and end users’ safety and health.
Pakelo has always been sensitive to the environmental impact of its final products. Thanks to its R&D department and the support of the internal laboratory of analysis Pakelo developed “Geolube” Series which contains products with certified biodegradability over 80% (CEC L-33-A.93 test), Ecolabel registered products (according with CE Regulation 66/2010) and lubricants dedicated to applications reducing hydrocarbon consumption.
It is also important to highlight Pakelo’s effort in the production of biodegradable hydraulic oils and greases for machines working in particularly environmental delicate areas such as biodegradable fluids for railway flange wheels lubrication aiming to reduce the impact connected with the inevitable dispersion of lubricants in the environment.
Pakelo also supports renewable energy market with dedicated products such as specific engine oils for cogeneration and trigeneration systems.
Environmental sustainability is one of the drivers under the never-ending updating process in the chemistry and technology applied for final products. For instance, our latest formulations help respecting the most severe limitations set on vehicle emissions (EURO 6, Tier V, etc.) and Pakelo R&D division is also concentrated in the development of high-efficiency transmission oils reducing consumptions and therefore CO2 emissions.